If you’re motivated to clean your own gutters but don’t want to climb onto the roof to take care of the job, there are gutter cleaning tools that can be used from the ground without stepping foot on a ladder.
If you use these tools, you can clean your gutters so precipitation will runoff and flow through your gutters freely to prevent pools of water around your home that can damage your foundations.
Here are some gutter cleaning tools you can use without stepping on a ladder:
• Gutter cleaning applicator – A specially-shaped applicator with a lambswool pad fits on the end of a painter’s pole and wipes away grim and dirt from the outside of the gutters.
• Gutter vacuum attachments – Gutters filled with dry leaves and twigs can be vacuumed out with attachments that fit on a standard Shop-Vac or leaf blower. The curved attachment curls over the edge of the gutter to suck the debris into a waste bag.
• Gutter cleaning tongs – With these tongs you can reach in and grab debris in the gutter. The tongs are operated by a rope attached to a metal pole that can be extended over the roof and comes with a threaded top for attaching cleaning accessories.
• Gutter flusher – A power sprayer on a metal pole that attaches to a garden hose has three spraying settings and an ergonomic trigger. It also features a detachable mirror that lets you view the insides of the gutter from the ground.
• Rotary gutter cleaning system – this advanced tool combines the force of power spraying with a rotating brush that can hooked up to a garden hose for washing out the gutters or a cordless drill for operating the brushes. Its mountable bracket holds a digital camera so you can take shots of the inside of the gutter.
Try these gutter cleaning tools to do the job yourself or contact a professional gutter cleaning service professional who will thoroughly clean and inspect your gutters at a reasonable price.