Most homeowners know that they should clean their gutters at least twice a year. While this is a good way to ensure an uninterrupted flow of water draining from your roof, a cleaning alone won’t be enough to identify areas of the gutter that are in need of replacement and repairs.
Most gutter cleaners will do a pretty good job of removing the debris from your gutter channels and downspouts but that’s where most end their service. This means your gutters may be clean but there can be holes, tears and sagging sections that could lead to problems when heavy rains fall or snow accumulates during the winter.
At Connecticut Gutter & Exteriors we understand how important it is to perform full inspections on gutter systems during cleaning to ensure your home or commercial gutter system is able to perform under extreme weather.
Our gutter inspections include:
- Disassembly of downspout elbows to ensure there are no hidden clogs
- Check on the condition of mitres
- Check on the condition of leader fasteners/screws
- Check on the condition of joint sealant
- Check on the condition of gutter pitch
- Review of the life expectancy of the gutter system
- Scan for holes or damage to system components
- Drip edge positioning
- Check on condition of ground drain caps
- Removal of roof debris
Having clean gutters isn’t always enough. If your gutters are showing signs of wear and tear it is very important that these areas be addressed as quickly as possible so further damage doesn’t occur.
For thorough gutter inspections in Connecticut, call: 1-203-878-2411